From: hatsuhiro
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 6:29 PM
Subject: [tlug] partiton

I have 3 questions regarding of partitions on Linux.

1. Do we have to have more than one partition when large size (Let's say 512MB) of swap space is needed?

2. On the way of making partitions by cfdisk, I found an asterisk * on the upper right corner of the table (just the right side of small capacity of hda1in my case). What does it indicate?

3. I successfully made many partitions like "hda1 hda2 <hda5 hda6 hda7 hda8 hda9 hda10 hda11 hda12 hda13 hda14 hda15 hda16 hda17 hda18 hda19 hda20>". However, at boot time, filesystem check errors occurred on hda17-20. Can you suggest me what's wrong?

Hoshino