Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

>> Somewhere around Fri, 5 Apr 2002 04:37:59 +0900 , Marlo Rocci wrote:
> The first two gigs of the drive was used to setup the linux and linux
> swap
> partition.  the rest of the drive is split between two FAT32 partitions
> when
> the drive was completely win98.

Ok.  If you want to mount these partitions, you need to know
several things.
First, what devices represent them. (ie /dev/hda5 and
/dev/hda6 or whatever they are) This is most easily obtained
by 'fdisk -l /dev/hda' if this is your first IDE hard disk.

If you see the drives, I believe they will be listed as vfat
for the type.

Once you know that, if you are running a stock Redhat kernel,
which I bet you are, it should support you doing the following:
'mkdir /mnt/test'
'mount -t vfat /dev/hda? /mnt/test'
replace the ? with whatever device number your partition is.

You should now have it nicely mounted.

Michael