Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- From: Sven Simon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:13:35 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311
Tod McQuillin wrote: >On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Sven Simon wrote: > >>Nope, the master's at /etc/crontab which is copied over to >>/var/cron/tabs/root by running crontab -u root /etc/crontab. >> > >This is the problem. > >cron reads both /etc/crontab and the files under /var/cron/tabs. The >/etc/crontab file uses a different format than the /var/cron/tabs files >because it has to specify the username to run as. The /var/cron/tabs >files specify the username by their filename. > >>Any ideas as to how it is supposed to run normally? >> > >In a default FreeBSD install, there is no /var/cron/tabs/root file. >All of root's crontab entries are in /etc/crontab. > Ah, I see. So, it'd be save to just get rid of /var/cron/tabs/root? Will give it a go, thanks! Sven
- Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- From: Tod McQuillin
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Badhostname
- Next by Date: [tlug] Mail archives back
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- Next by thread: [tlug] Badhostname
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links