Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Cable slow on Linux ?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Cable slow on Linux ?
- From: Jack Morgan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:54:08 +0000
- Content-disposition: inline
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <3C93BCAF.email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <3C93BCAF.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.27i-ja.1.beta
On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:44:15PM -0800, Ray Mancy wrote: > Hi, > Has anybody else with a cable connection noticed that the connection is > a bit slower than on a Windows machine (hmm...I guess most of you dont > have a windows box though). I dont think its in my mind, I even went to > one of thos url's that tests your connections speed, and on my Linux box > it says it is much slower than on my windows machine. I am running > RH7.2, anybody know of any setting to tune the connection? I'm guessing it might be something to do with DNS and IPv6? Meaning it's possible that you have your box set up to resolve both IPv4/IPv6 domains and thus taking longer? But perhaps someone more knowledgeable about RH7.2 might be able to comment... -- jack_morgan NetBSD is the BSD firstname.lastname@example.org
- [tlug] Cable slow on Linux ?
- From: Ray Mancy
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] meeting photos
- Next by Date: [tlug] cant update..hmm
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Cable slow on Linux ?
- Next by thread: [tlug] meeting photos
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links