Re: [tlug] Cable slow on Linux ?

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:44:15PM -0800, Ray Mancy wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody else with a cable connection noticed that the connection is
> a bit slower than on a Windows machine (hmm...I guess most of you dont
> have a windows box though). I dont think its in my mind, I even went to
> one of thos url's that tests your connections speed, and on my Linux box
> it says it is much slower than on my windows machine. I am running
> RH7.2, anybody know of any setting to tune the connection?

I'm guessing it might be something to do with DNS and IPv6? Meaning it's possible
that you have your box set up to resolve both IPv4/IPv6 domains and thus taking
longer? But perhaps someone more knowledgeable about RH7.2 might be able to
comment...

--
jack_morgan						NetBSD is the BSD
j-morgan@example.com