Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:[tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re:[tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- From: "Scott Robbins" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:55:00 -0500
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
- References: <3C926651.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Glover" <email@example.com> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 4:23 PM Subject: [despammed] [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon? > So I grabbed Galeon, which is faster and a bit more stable than actual > MozillaProblem, when I fire it up with my usual incantation: > > LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERSemail@example.com=kinput2 galeon > > all the menus are in Japanese. "Of course they are, you moron!" you may > be saying (especially if you are Steve Turnbull! ;). So I tried: > Try XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP galeon This works for me with most applications in RH. (Thanks to Mike Fabian and Matt Doughty--Mike gave me the SuSE version --identical save for $XMODIFIERS rather than XMODIFIERS and Matt gave me the RH one) Scott Robbins I'm assumi > > which had the desired result of making the menus come out in English, > but Japanese input would not work. I know that XIM in its current state > will not allow you to input a language that is not your LANG, but I > thought that it would not be bothered if LC_ALL was something else. I > guess I am confused... ? Anyone care to straighten me out? > > What I want to do is have menus and dialogues in Eigo while still being > able to input Nihongo. Please help me, for I am still young and > confused about the Way of XIM. > > Thanks! > > > -- > Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org> > > Computer Science Undergrad > "No segfault, no problem!" > > > ---------------------------------------------- > Filtered by despammed.com. Tracer: QAA000861016227837 > Need cheap U.S. dialup but want to keep despamming your mail? Check out U.S. national dialup > access from $13.95 with Despammed filtration at http://www.myguard.net >
- [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] epcEditor
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links