Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- From: Josh Glover <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:23:29 -0500
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.8) Gecko/20020212
So I grabbed Galeon, which is faster and a bit more stable than actual Mozilla, mainly because it doesn't render its own UI (whose brain-dead idea was that again?). Problem, when I fire it up with my usual incantation: LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERSfirstname.lastname@example.org=kinput2 galeon all the menus are in Japanese. "Of course they are, you moron!" you may be saying (especially if you are Steve Turnbull! ;). So I tried: LANG=ja_JP LC_ALL=en XMODIFIERSemail@example.com=kinput2 galeon which had the desired result of making the menus come out in English, but Japanese input would not work. I know that XIM in its current state will not allow you to input a language that is not your LANG, but I thought that it would not be bothered if LC_ALL was something else. I guess I am confused... ? Anyone care to straighten me out? What I want to do is have menus and dialogues in Eigo while still being able to input Nihongo. Please help me, for I am still young and confused about the Way of XIM. Thanks! -- Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org> Computer Science Undergrad "No segfault, no problem!"
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] epcEditor
- Next by Date: Re:[tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Card Readers (was 'writing to USB storage device')
- Next by thread: Re:[tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links