Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] EPWING/EB Readers?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [tlug] EPWING/EB Readers?
- From: Jim Breen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:57:26 +1100 (EST)
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=ISO-2022-JP
G'day all, I have a question about what are some good EB readers for Linux. Background: for some years I have been accumulating a heap of EB (aka EPWING and JIS X 4081) dictionary files (free, purchase, back-of-truck, etc.). The search/display tool I have been using is the old line oriented "dic" program, which I got originally from a TL 1.0(J) CD. That suited my purposes fine, as I can point straight at the main START/HONMON file(s). I have an expect script that enables quick searches on a set of such files. The olde "dic" has been getting more painful to install each time I move Linux version, as I have to hunt down old libraries (libncurses, etc.). The source doesn't seem to be around in a useable form, and the src.rpm blows up in compilation (for RH7.2 anyway.) Does anyone have suggestions for a more modern EB client? I'd prefer something that doesn't get fussed about all the file structure of a typical EB CD, as in some cases I just have the main file. Alternatively, does anyone know of a complete recent source for the old "dic" client? Cheers Jim -- Jim Breen [firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/] Computer Science & Software Engineering, Tel: +61 3 9905 3298 P.O Box 26, Monash University, Fax: +61 3 9905 5146 Clayton VIC 3800, Australia $B%8%`!&%V%j!<%s(B@$B%b%J%7%eBg3X(B
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Getting all Linux machines in a single client server LAN.
- Next by Date: [tlug] Mozilla to Netscape cookie converter
- Previous by thread: [tlug] weird net card address
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] EPWING/EB Readers?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links