Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Linux domains ?
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Linux domains ?
- From: "Mancy, Raymond" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:53:38 +0800
- Content-type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi, I hope that what Mr Garrison said applies for this question as well. In a work environment I am only familiar with NT networks. They operate with a domain, a PDC and BDC which have copies of the users etc, so that a user can use his login name on any computer within the domain. How does linux do this? I have never used it in a work environment where several users may need to access different computers, so I have no clue. It wouldnt have the one copy of /etc/passwd distributed on all machines would it? How do the admins usually go about setting up a 'domain'. Cheers Ray
- Re: [tlug] Linux domains ?
- From: Jim O'Connell
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] multiuser
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux domains ?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] multiuser
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux domains ?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links