Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] ADSL in Tokyo (Possible re-post)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [tlug] ADSL in Tokyo (Possible re-post)
- From: "Jim O'Connell" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:56:36 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- Organization: Global Dining, Inc.
(I sent this a while ago, but just realized that I did it from the wrong account - apologies if you get it twice. -Jim) Just a few questions about the different ADSL ISPs in town - I've signed up for NTT's 8MB ADSL and was thinking about just changing over my Flets ISDN account, but first thought I'd ask around a bit: Are there any ISP's that are more Linux-friendly? Configuration is not really an issue, I was wondering about things like blocked ports. I've been running a small web server and would like to continue to do so. (on port 80!) I'd like to be able to run a low-volume mail server - (I know this is not very likely, but it would be nice.) I've heard PPPoE adds overhead - is that true? It seems kind of brain-dead way to connect. Static IPs would be nice, but I've been using dyndns, so I don't really mind that much... Furikomi or other payment methods - That would be a BIG plus - (currently my credit cards are from my old US bank and therefore a real pain to pay the bill.) Anyone have any glowing recommendations? Cheers, Jim
- Re: [tlug] ADSL in Tokyo (Possible re-post)
- From: Yamagata Hiroo
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: nic config [was: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?]
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] A few SPAM questions...
- Previous by thread: [tlug] gnome2
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] ADSL in Tokyo (Possible re-post)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links