Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Partition sizes
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [tlug] Partition sizes
- From: Jim Breen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:49:05 +1100 (EST)
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=ISO-2022-JP
G'day all. Getting ready to attempt a RH7.2 installation on my Toshiba 2800 notebook (post hacking) I'll be redoing the linux partitions; the basic split is 5Gb to Windblows (98ME) and 15Gb to Linux. AFAIK RH7 is not too bad at picking partition sizes, but I was thinking of something like: swap 512Mb (I have 128Mb of RAM) / 5Gb /boot 60Mb or whatever it ask for /home whatever is left - probably a bit over 9Gb How does that seem? At present on my office RH7.1, of which I did the default workstation install, I have: swap 1Gb (never more than partly used, as there is 512Mb of RAM) / 10Gb (2.9Gb used) /boot 54.4Mb /home The rest Jim -- Jim Breen [email@example.com http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/] Computer Science & Software Engineering, Tel: +61 3 9905 3298 P.O Box 26, Monash University, Fax: +61 3 9905 5146 Clayton VIC 3800, Australia $B%8%`!&%V%j!<%s(B@$B%b%J%7%eBg3X(B
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: nic config [was: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?]
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Partition sizes
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Anyone know of a Linux interface to Sony NetMD players?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Partition sizes
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links