Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- From: Frank Bennett <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:53:56 +0900
- Content-disposition: inline
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=euc-jp
- In-reply-to: <20020125081733.GA730@example.com>
- References: <20020125081733.GA730@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.25i
I know it's not form to follow up a droning post with a response to oneself, but I have some further info that might actually be useful to someone. I just tested mc (Midnight Commander) on the jfbterm framebuffer console, in a vfat partition containing Japanese filenames. With appropriate options, you get a complete Japanese environment on the console and the filenames come up correctly. Everything seems to work. Not bad! This was the last point I was worried about; but it's definite that we'll be able to offer a fully functional Japanese filemanager on the console. It's all pretty concise, so we can embed the OS with its Japanese environment on the backup disks themselves. The options were: mount -t vfat -o codepage=932,iocharset=euc-jp /dev/hda9 /mnt1 and export LANG=ja_JP and mc -a Simple, like all good things. Cheers, Frank Nagoya
- [tlug] Backup CD
- From: Frank Bennett
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Backup CD
- Next by thread: [tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links