Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes
- From: "Mancy, Raymond" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:07:44 +0800
- Content-type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
Morning, I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.4.17 from the original setup I had wih RH7.1 (2.4.2?). Since then, I have not been able to get my 3com PCMCIA ethernet card, or my USB floppy to work or my sound. I have recompiled to kernel several times thinking I had missed something, but as far as I can tell I havent. Actually, the first time I compiled it I wasnt having any problems, but I had forgotten the APM feature, so I compiled it a second time, and thats when all the problems happened. I have my 3com card loaded as part of the kernel, it seems to be detecting it as when my kernel is booting, thelights flash on. However, when I try 'ifup eth0' it says "delaying eth0 initialization". I also loaded my sound as part of the kernel, it doesnt work at all...it doesnt even beep anymore. and I cant seem to mount my USB under /dev/sda....I cant seem to mount it anywhere,although it actually detects it when I plug it in. Can anyone offer tips/advice on where I should start looking at how to fix this ? Cheers Ray
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Backup CD
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Backup CD
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links