Re: [tlug] TV-tuner and Video Capture card

Hi Raghavan!

> Can any one suggest where can i get hold of TV-tuner and Video Capture
> card that works with Linux and is readily available in Japan. I am
> presently using IO-DATA, GV-BCTV3/PCI card and it works well on my
> Linux machine but the card is no longer available in the market.

Last year I had a chance to use this card:

   http://www.alpha-data.co.jp/tvk501.html

It uses the Bt878 chip, supported by the bttv driver in Linux.
The lab didn't have an antenna and I couldn't test the tuner,
but the video capture from an external source worked alright.

-alberto