Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- From: Jack Morgan <Jack.Morgan@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:32:56 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp
- Organization: Morgan Stanley
- References: <424302D32895D211995700805F85D832027C0C5D@example.com> <3C4CED8B.B5B576CA@example.com>
> an older version of sys-apps/shadow and sys-apps/baselayout is being > installed. So try installing the latest sys-apps/baselayout manually just a follow up to this. I manually installed both of these: emerge sys-apps/shadow sys-apps/baselayout and all my issues were solved. I also tried upgrading xfree-4.2.0-r2 and failed getting similar errors as bug #243. So i did two things: 1) rm /usr/portage/distfiles/* 2) rm -rf /var/tmp/portage/ Then tried again. Everything installed fine. I even got my Nvidia TNT card working with the nvidia driver (media-gfx/nvidia) Now if I could only get Windowmaker to load instead of twm.... jack_morgan
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] linuxcafe got linux!
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] TV-tuner and Video Capture card
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- Next by thread: [tlug] what's coming for Linux in the year 2002
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links