Re: [tlug] A little more on Gentoo and Xfree 4.2

Scott Robbins wrote:
> Turns out it's been masked, meaning that the build stops
> immediately.  This usually indicates that they're having
> problems with it...

Talking about packages which are masked. In /etc/make.profile
which is a link to /usr/portage/profile/default-1.0_rc6/ there
is a file "packages" I look at this file reveals how packages
are masked, controlled, etc.. I often edit this file as I don't
want gpm. dhcpcd, telnet, etc in my base system. Just comment
out the line detailing a certain package and it's masked.

jack_morgan