Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] PC vendors.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [tlug] PC vendors.
- From: Erwan Loisant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:55:54 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"
- Organization: National Institute of Informatics
Hello. First I would like to present myself, I am a french Ph.D. student working as a research assistant for NII ($B9qN)>pJs3X8&5f=j(B). I arrived in Tokyo in october, and I joined this mailing list a few days ago. I hope to be at Nomikai party in february... I have a legal question, to help friends in France. In France, it is hard to buy a blank machine from famous PC manufacturers (DELL, Compaq...), usually you must buy ms windows with. However, forcing to sell a product with an other is illegal in France. Many linux associations are fighting to force PC resellers to propose PCs without any OS. I would like to know if the law in Japan is the same, and if it is easy to buy a blank PC from these companies and especially from DELL which is the leader. Thank you for spending time to read my email. -- Erwan Loisant Ph.D. student The grass is always greener on the other side of your sunglasses.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] PC vendors.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] what's coming for Linux in the year 2002
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] PC vendors.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links