Re: Broadband Router/Firewall

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Jim Breen wrote:

> ["Scott M. Stone" (Re: Broadband Router/Firewall) writes:]
> >>
> >> T2?  a European T2/E2 is only 2 megabits/sec, and I was led to believe
> >> that they only exist in Europe.
>
> Ahem. E1 is 2.048Mbps. E2 is 8.448 Mbps. DS1 (T1) is 1.544Mbps, DS2 (T2)
> is 6.312 Mbps. It is all in the ITU/CCITT G.7xx standards. The "E"
> series are are is used virtually everywhere except the US, Canada and Japan.

yeah I got some wires crossed in my brain on that original post, sorry
about that.

> the same was the case in the US. You should have spent more time in the
> innards of a major CO, Scott.   8-)}

yeah, I probably should :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator