association between device and module name

Well in my quest to find an association between "eth0" and "3c59x", for
example, I found that:

struct netdevice {}

contains an "owner" field which contains the name of the module.  problem
is, this sturcture and associated functions are local to kernel space.

So i guess I'll have to write a kernel module which goes through each
netdevice with a get_dev_by_index or what have you, and creates a /proc
file with entries like:

1:eth0:3c59x

ie, ifIndex:ifDevName:ifModName

looks do-able.  I'm just surprised nobody's ever seen the need for this
before.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator