Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

Peter Evans (peter@example.com) wrote:

> Not OK! How do I tell it, or how should I have told it, or will I later
> (before the screen becomes indecipherable again) have the opportunity to
> tell it, that no I have Trident Cyber 9382?

Do not configure X during the install, do it later, after you have
a running console-based system.

If you can't avoid it, then configure it however.  Just don't test
it and don't run it and don't set it up to use a graphical
login.  Then, as above, correct it after you have a working
text-mode system installed.

You can configure it with /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config.

Jonathan
--
There is Bag of Modul in the router