Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

Thank y'all for advice to type "expert text" at the start of RH 6.2,
and/or to use a superior alternative to RH 6.2.  I am bearing in mind
the latter advice, but right now lack either Slackware or RH 7.1 so I
intend to go ahead with RH 6.2 -- for now, at least.

Well, there's something distinctly Microsoftish about the installation
procedure.  (It's Microsoft that has a habit of accepting the single
answer "OK" to unpalatable utterances.)

I infer from yesterday's fiasco that the RH 6.2 installation procedure
can't make a correct guess at my video hardware. OK, no complaints about
that; I'm willing to contribute my expertise. But rather than being
invited to do so, I read:

"X probe results

"Video card: Trident TGUI9660 (generic)
"X server: SVGA"

-- to which it seems I can only choose between two responses: "OK" and
"Back".

Not OK! How do I tell it, or how should I have told it, or will I later
(before the screen becomes indecipherable again) have the opportunity to
tell it, that no I have Trident Cyber 9382?

(I've attempted to RTFM -- I have the fat manuals for RH 6.0, but this
doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere there, and there's almost nothing
in the "installation guide" for RH 6.2.)