Re: tlug: rpms

On Wed, 31 May 2000 00:42:05 Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Thomas O'Dowd (tom@example.com) wrote:
>
> > Last night I let helixcode's go-gnome rip on one of my boxes. Considering
my
> > current 64K connection it took a while to download, but down it came and
> > installed beautifully. It is a pretty cool piece of code if I may say so
and
> > Gnome 1.2 looks really cool.
>
> Funny you should mention that, since I just discovered Helixcode
> yesterday myself.  It does look very cool, but I haven't installed
> it yet, since I'm not sure what I might break in my existing
> system.  Helix Gnome says it's compatible with TurboLinux 6.0,
> but doesn't specifically mention if that's for all language versions
> or only for the English one, so I'm giving it a yellow flag.
>
> If any TLUGgers are using it, particularly with TL-J or other Japanese
> distros, are there any pitfalls to watch for?

yes, as far as i noticed, it tries to install latest glib and gtk (gtk requires
glib)
It broke my japanese support, and i couldnt do anything with japanese except
with netscape. i think its because netscape might be statically linked, as someone
pointed me out (sorry, i am really bad for e mail addresses as for names =) )
i had to go back to my previus glib and gtk+
all i can say.

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho

First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you
win. Mahatma Gandhi.