Re: tlug: Re: Xconfig problems

>It seems the video card on fmv-590de is not supported by
>XFree86 -- see
>http://club.pep.ne.jp/~mkhatto/LTGP/linux.make.boxs-1.html
>(in Japanese). This could, however, be an outdated writeup.

>If by any luck Power 9100 refers to the Weitek Power 9100 chipset, then
>it is supported.

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I forgot my kanji, have to train again
... Regarding the chipset I read in the Config-Howto:

"unpack X_version_bin.tgz to a temporary directory, cd to it, and run
./SuperProbe. If your video card is recognised, chances are that you'll be
able to set it up. Otherwise, hard luck; "
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Config-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.14)

I tried this SuperProbe thing and the result with one of the SuperProbes
was:

>>  Result of XFree86 SuperProbe (glibc20):
>>  First video: Super-VGA
>>  Chipset: Tseng ET4000 (Port Probed)
>>  Memory: 256 Kbytes
>>  RAMDAC: Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC (with 6-bit wide lookup tables
(or in 6-
>>  bit mode))

The other one from glibc21 did not work, I wasn't quite sure which I needed,
I must admit. Anyway, the result made me optimistic. It think I saw in some
listing of chipsets (problably von xf86config) ones with similar names, like
Tseng ET4000something, but there was also a warning that one should not go
for one with similar names. There was no exact match, so I tried to enter
things by hand.

You mean, I probably have to give up? Is there anything I still can try?

Uli