Re: tlug: help, my linux box is possessed...

>OK, my stupid P2-400 here just about a week and a half ago just >started
>giving me crap for no reason.

Hmmm. I'm not sure about your problem exactly, but I was getting crap from a
vortex 3Com 3c905B-TX running at 100MBit a while back. It wasn't freezing,
it was just failing to ifup. It turned out to be that I had set the
Plug&Play BIOS setting on my machine to Enabled, which happens to be the
most mis-labeled setting on the bios for what it really does.
What kind of hub are you using? Could be a 10/100 speed problem on the hub
(some hubs rather suck in this respect).

What Motherboard do you have?

regards

Bryan Mark
HSBC Securities (Japan)

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD