Re: tlug: OT: My Zaurus broke

Marcos Campos writes:
 > Marcus Metzler wrote:
 >
 > >recognition. Does anybody know if one can order these from a Japanese
 > >online store? Maybe someone even knows a German online store. It
 > >doesn't have to be a zaurus, I just want the dictionary function.
 > >
 > >Marcus
 >
 > I listen very nice comments about the Japanese-English dictionary for the
 > IBM palm top (if I'm not wrong the name is WorkPad IBM). This one, for sure,
 > you can find on Germany and the dictionary is available on the Internet.
 >
 > Marcos

Is this the palm version of xjdic or is it something else ? I was
mainly looking for an electronic dictionary with good handwriting
recognition. I have used the palm programs, but they are not as
comfortable as the Zaurus. I also tried the Canon Wordtank. It is
better than the Zaurus in terms of vocabulary, but the input method
for kanji is not as fast as just writing them. It was sometimes easier
to use the Zaurus to find the pronunciation of a kanji and then use
the wordtank to get a better translation/explanation.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
ZPR/ZAIK
Universitaet zu Koeln              Tel.   : +49 221 470 6010
Weyertal 80                        Fax    : +49 221 470 5160
D-50931 Koeln, Germany             e-mail : mocm@example.com
"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!"
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD