tlug: Hash tables

I have another question related to this translators' site I'm
putting together.  Having translated a small portion of the
Japanese Code of Civil Procedure, I now need to implement
a feature that I've put off until now: an online dictionary of
equivalents.

This isn't a proper dictionary; we only need a simple list
of recommended equivalents, to help keep usage consistent
across the entire archive (especially important when lots
of translators are cooperating in a single project).  Something
like:

  <Japanese term> : <English term 1> <English term 2>

Nothing fancy.

So ... DB or something will work.  If I were to fly at this
without asking questions, I would recompile the tclsh that
drives the CGI for db support of some description, and
use that to maintain a hash table containing the equivalents.

I can do this, but ... is there a better way?  (And please
don't insist on Perl --- I know that it has been able to link
db files to array vars for donkey's years.  We may reimplement
this thing in another lingo later on, but for the moment I'm
trying to keep my life simple and my computer lingo-related
learning curves flattish.  Just lazy, I guess :).

Many thanks for any help,
Frank Bennett

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD