Re: tlug: ppa,

>I build my kernels with CONFIG_PARPORT=y and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y (i.e.,
>built into my kernel rather than as modules) and then compile the PPA code
>as a module.

OK, does that mean since I compiled it as a module I have to insmod? So I
better compile it again with "y" instead of "m"?

>I note that if I don't apply power to my ZIP drive before
>doing 'modprobe ppa' I will get the message:
>/lib/modules/2.2.14/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

This is what I checked first since that is the way I have to do it with
this other OS  ...

>P.S. Do you have more than one parallel port in the machine?

Cannot see one sticking out from the back ... does that mean there is none?

>Or is it the port an unusual address or IRQ?
>You may need to specify additional options
>to specify the IO address and/or irq to use parport as a module.

What is IRQ? Address ... is /dev/sda4 an address?

Thanks a lot, Uli
(trying to get educated...)

PS: The other day I read about one reason why to compile a kernel:  to
impress your friends...

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD