Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] kanji with the same onyomi
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:31:54 -0800
- From: steve smith <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] kanji with the same onyomi
- References: <49A35429.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20081209)
Jim B reen wrote:2009/2/24 steve smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>:Some time ago I was told that in some cases groups of kanji have the same onyomi and that the onyomi is determined by the right-most of the sub-kanji within the kanji. They had a name for this which I can't remember.
Mostly. In about 85% of hanzi/kanji part of the character indicates the pronunciation. See http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/kanjitypes.html and skip down to the section on 形声文字.
Thank you David and Jim.
I don't remember if the term my teacher used was 「形声文字」but this is exactly what I was looking for.
Jim -- this page on Kanjitypes is great! Thank you very much.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] kanji with the same onyomi
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] kanji with the same onyomi
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links