Re: [Lingo] Readings of Japanese names

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Hung Nguyen Vu <vuhung16plus+shape@example.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Niels Kobschaetzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:
Hi!

I would have one question: Is there a reliable (and I hope quick) way for finding out the reading of Japanese names?

Kiba Takao IMO.

It is -- found him in the meantime ;)

I think that there is no rules to guess Japanese names but remembering them :D.

yeah :D

Buying a Japanese name book is a good idea

maybe I should include that in my next amazon.co.jp-order

but I think staying in Japan for more few years
is not so bad as well.

First graduation and then thinking about that
Right now I can't afford it *surprise* ;)

For me, as of now, I can read mostly correctly Japanese names.
But not location names in Okinawa or Hokkaido.

Well, at least with the history of Okinawa that doesn't surprise me.

Thx for the answer

Niels