Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Lingo] Re: [tlug] Mystical tabbing events
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:35:01 -0600
- From: "David J Iannucci" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Mystical tabbing events
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <47DDAA1A.email@example.com> <20080316235859.GB81105@mail.scottro.net>
>> nijatachi maybe?? > In Japanese it's usually just ninja whether singular or plural. As with all other nouns in Japanese :-) For those who might still hold doubts about this question, be assured that -tachi and -ra (and any similar ones I may be forgetting) are *not* expressions of plural number in Japanese, which of course has no plural. It has various ways of indicating multiplicity, but nothing that can be called "plural". > We gaijin tend to say ninjas Read: English speakers :-) Ignoring the sensible linguistic explanations, I will submit my vote for "ninjae" as the plural of ninja. Demonstrating that there is no necessary link between grammatical and biological gender :-) Dave p.s. Follow-ups to Lingo please...
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] OT: yahoo.co.jp ending web mail: Thanks!
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Mystical tabbing events
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] OT: yahoo.co.jp ending web mail: Thanks!
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Mystical tabbing events
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links