[Lingo] Re: [tlug] OT: yahoo.co.jp ending web mail: Thanks!

BTW, you might want to send this to Lingo instead in the first place.
Reply-To set.

steven smith writes:

 > あたし would indicate a woman is speaking, right?

Yes. 「あたし」 and 「あたい」 are definitely female.  「わたし」 is
sometimes suggestive, in contexts where a man would almost certainly
use「ぼく」 or 「おれ」.  I also don't think I can recall hearing a
woman say 「わたくし」、「わたくしども」「われ」、 or 「われわれ」.
But that's just an observation.  I assume that women are rarely
permitted to be in a status where such usage is appropriate. :-(