Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] learning the Kanji readings
- Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:04:10 -0800
- From: steven smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] learning the Kanji readings
- References: <47ADF75A.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11pre (X11/20071023)
Niels Kobschaetzki wrote: > On Feb 9, 2008 7:56 PM, steven smith <email@example.com> wrote: > > <snip good way to learn readings?> > > On'yomi is best learned imho via learning vocabulary which are > including the Kanji which you want to learn the readings of (3 or 4 > words per Kanji). Good -- thanks. > Kun'yomi is best learned by flash-card learning I guess and take some > combined verbs as well (like eh…入り込む). > In addition it is very helpful to just read Japanese. I don't know how > you learn Japanese (I mean self-taught, language school…) and at which > level you actually are and therefore you either read textbook-texts or > if you are more advanced you start reading natural texts about topics > you are interested in (which has the nice side effect that you learn > the senmongo of your areas of interest). Schooled and self-taught. I was in Tokyo for 2 months at the end of last year taking a "Japanese taught in Japanese" course in Yoyogi. I found that knowing and trying to use Kanji in the class actually caused problems. I was the only person in the class who wanted to use Kanji. I found a series of graded readers that has been very useful, but stopped just about everything else while re-doing the RTK I. > And what always help is doing it the hard way: writing the Kanji > speaking the readings and the meaning over and over again - that has > the nice side-effect of improving your writing abilities That's what I do for the vocabulary. > > Gambatte ^^ > > Niels > ありがとうございます！ Steve S.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Pronounciation from kanji: 下手（へた）
- Next by Date: [Lingo] Fwd: [tlug] (OT) Anyone know of a used sun server shop in Akihabara?
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] learning the Kanji readings
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Pronounciation from kanji: 下手（へた）
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links