Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 06:44:28 +0200
- From: Niels Kobschätzki <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- References: <468592FC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4685A7EE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 30, 2007, at 2:46 AM, steven smith wrote:
In my job all the mails I receive are in Japanese and I had never see any spaces until now. It's really hard at the beginning specially when you deal with technical content mails that mix for example logs output, code and more symbols.
That's what I thought and I was really surprised to hear my tutor say they use spaces. She's a young woman (25 I think but who can tell, has two really cute young kids) and quite well educated. And she was quite emphatic.
Could this be something that is in flux at the moment? I expect not or both of you would have mentioned it.
I've just seen it recently popping up when I'm chatting with one of my friends that she's starting to use spaces in her sentences from time to time but it was quite rare and felt a little bit like she wanted to give an emphasis to the word that followed the space.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links