Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing

On 30/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Not that I know of for Japanese per se.  In Japanese formal
typography, spaces are used around words written in foreign character
sets (eg, romaji).  These are thin spaces, not full spaces [...]

"Thin spaces"?

You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. I18N Expert!

The judges would have accepted "hankaku spaces" or "half-width spaces"
or even 「半角のスペース文字」.

Yer-lucky-I-didn't-plonk-you-on-the-spot-ly y'rs,
Josh "The Pedant (Not to be Confused with Pederast)" Glover