Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:47:07 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 26/06/07, Keith Bawden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I would have thought that maji de was more akin to "Really?"...
Which is pretty similar...
I agree; 「マジで」 does not quite pack the sarcastic punch of "you have *got* to be kidding".
But 「マジで」 and its close cousin 「本当？」/「本当っすか？」 are quite useful. Just don't overdo them, or you'll sound like a magical girl from anime (or a American male anime otaku, who seem to think anything a character in anime says is "normal" Japanese, even if the context was something ridiculous like a extra-dimensional tentacle beast... uh, nevermind).
-- Cheers, Josh
- Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding
- From: Birkir A. Barkarson
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: RE: rhetorical form [was: Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding]
- Next by Date: Re: rhetorical form [was: Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding]
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links