Re: tlug: TLUG IRC Server

On 19 Dec 1999, Simon Cozens wrote:

> I thought this would be a good idea, so I went and did it.
> othersideofthe.earth.li, channel #tlug
> Maybe it'll take off, maybe it won't.

we tried running an IRC server at PHT a few years ago.  During the 3
months that it was online, the system got about 17 hack attempts.  Before
that, almost none.  After we took it down, almost none.  Wasn't worth the
trouble, IMHO.  Plus, you have to get the server linked up with one of the
IRC nets in order for anyone to ever really *go* to it :)

Or did you just mean a #tlug *channel* was set up?

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)