Re: tlug: Re: Ark

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> I suggest that you give it a chance.
> Having seen it run, I can say that it quite fast, stable and
> has a nice mixture of functions.
> Like Yudit, it is especially useful to the person who has
> documents in several languages coming in and out of
> her machine.
> Haven't heard nightmare tales about JAVA-based apps,
> I am wondering if getting the thing to run properly is
> difficult. If it is not too bad, I would say this is a very
> handsome program.

what OS/java interpreter/CPU/memory/etc did you see it run on?

> > > BTW, Ichitaro Ark is a multi-lingual word processing program
> > > written entirely in Java.
> >
> > what's their marketing slogan for this, "Be The First To Watch It Suck" ?
> > I thought serious developers had given up on Java by now.. then again, the
> > Athlons are out... :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January, 2000
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)