tlug: Re: aptiva 520

>     jb> Any one would work.  There's Vine Linux, TurboLinux, Red
>     jb> Hat-J, Laser 5 Linux, Debian (don't know if this is localized
>     jb> per se, or just J-enabled.  Steve?), and maybe some others
>     jb> that don't spring to mind right off hand.
>
> Debian is easy enough to install Japanese stuff for, but there's no
> "virtual" Japanese package you can select to have a turnkey Japanese
> system.  You've used TL, Tony, unless you have specific reason to want
> to do something different I'd say stay with it.  Just deselect all of
> the "modern" GUI tools, KDE, GNOME, Enlightenment, and that ilk.

Thanks to all for the great advice.
I am worried that the newer distributions
won't run on a CPU that is below Pentium class.
But I guess I'll just try it and see.

Thanks again.

Next Technical Meeting: TBA, January, 2000.  Place: Temple Univ.
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691