tlug: monitor settings

Hello all,

I just installed RedHat 6.1 on my machine but something went wrong. The
resolution of the monitor is impressive but everything is displayed so tiny
that my eyes hurt after five seconds. Pressing CTRL-ALT-+ repeatedly gives
only scambled up displays until I am back to square one. I set all fonts of
KDE to very large, but I cannot change everything I wanted with this
strategy. Which settings do I have to change to fix this CTRL-ALT-+ not
working properly? Or which manpages do I have to read?

Thanks in advance, Uli