Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs
- From: Mike Fabian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 16 Nov 1999 01:33:09 +0100
- Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=-=-="
- In-Reply-To: "Eric S. Standlee"'s message of "Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:43:14 +0900 (JST)"
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.070099 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.99) XEmacs/21.1 (Bryce Canyon)
"Eric S. Standlee" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes: > I am trying VM in xemacs. > > I noticed that because terminology is different configuration is > difficult. > > I have a problem. I cannot figure out how to configure VM in xemacs so > that my Return-Path: email@example.com instead of > firstname.lastname@example.org > > Because of this problem, my mail bounces at the servers. > > FYI, I have DS set to DSmb.infoweb.ne.jp in my /etc/sendmail.cf just in > case that might be the problem, but I guess I was shooting in the dark. It is not enough to set only the "Smart" relay host in /etc/sendmail.cf, you have to set some other things as well. /etc/sendmail.cf is difficult to read and understand, therefore most people prefer to edit /etc/sendmail.mc instead. I think it should work if you make sure you have the following lines into your sendmail.mc MASQUERADE_AS(mb.infoweb.ne.jp) MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(petra.mb.infoweb.ne.jp) FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain) FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope') define(`SMART_HOST', `mb.infoweb.ne.jp') sendmail.cf can then be produced from sendmail.mc by using the `m4' macro processor like this: m4 /etc/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf then restart sendmail and it should work. Here's my complete sendmail.mc as I currently use it as an example:
sendmail.mcHope that helps, Mike -- Mike Fabian <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> In der Neckarhelle 81, D-69118 Heidelberg-Ziegelhausen Telephone: +49(0)6221/809222
- tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs
- From: "Eric S. Standlee" <email@example.com>
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: tlug: Caldera Japanese version
- Next by Date: Re: tlug: Java in Netscape
- Prev by thread: tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs
- Next by thread: tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links