Re: tlug: TV cards

At 15:36 99/11/5 +0900, you wrote:
> I read recently (and TOmita confirmed during the Akihabara tour) that ATI is
> going to support LINUX soon.

Indeed, their PR reads:
"- 3D development information for the RAGE(TM) Pro and RAGE(TM) 128 product
   families.
 - Video capture and TV-Tuner multimedia development information for the
   RAGE(TM) II, RAGE Pro and RAGE 128 product families."

http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=Coa0:qbWbve8WmZ&FQ=Linux&Nav=na-s
earch-&StoryTitle=Linux

> BTTV - A Linux driver for Bt848/849/878/879 based frame grabbers
> http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html

That's the driver developed by Marcus Metzler and his brother. It was
the topic of a TLUG meeting in the past, when Marcus was living
in Japan.

I have a Hauppauge PCI WinTV (Bt878-based) and it works fine (althought
I use it only to capture images from the composite video input, didn't try
to use the tuner yet -- need a longer coaxial cable for the antenna)

Other links of interest:

Video 4 Linux
http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/v4l.shtml

Linux Support for TV cards
http://www.actcom.co.il/~nahshon/linux-tv.html

Matrox Marvel G200/Rainbow Runner Addon and
support in Linux via Video 4 Linux 1 and 2
http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~eddie/mga4linux/

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691