Re: tlug: gcc use

"J. David Beutel" wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Muni wrote:
>
> >    Hmm, I don't know why...   The demos only run when I put all the lib
> > and includes in /usr/lib, but not /usr/local/lib.  Is there anything
> > else
> > I'm supposed to do after editing /etc/ld.so.conf??? (Well, I guess it's
> > ok
> > since it runs using /usr/lib)
>
> I think you may need to run ldconfig after editing /etc/ld.so.conf.
>
> >    And compiling doesn't work either.  Here's the result:
> > $ gcc -o hello hello.c -lMesaGLU -lMesaGL -lXext -lXmu -lX11 -lm
> > -L/usr/lib
> > ld: cannot open -lXext: No such file or directory
>
> Find the libXext.a file on your system, e.g.,
>
> $ find / -name libXext.a
>
> If you don't have it, do you need it?  Try compiling without -lXext.
> If you do have it, try specifying its directory with -L before the -lXext.
> If that doesn't work, try specifying the full path name, e.g.,
>
> $ gcc -o hello hello.c -lMesaGLU -lMesaGL /where/ever/it/is/libXext.a -lXmu -lX11 -lm -L/usr/lib

If you don't use hardware accelerated Xserver and libGL.so (eg. GLX driver from
nVIDIA), you don't need to specify -lXext.

Takeshi

--
Takeshi Hakamada
E-mail: hakamada@example.com

Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:30   place: Temple Univ.
* Linux Internationalisation Initiative (Li18nux) speaker: Akio Kido
* Japanese TrueType Fonts                     speaker: Adrian Havill
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai:  December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691