tlug: Re: icq, silly me

> .gnome/ files and icq related files at the console. not sure
> what I did wrong, but X won't run now. I found that it will
> run from another user (laszlo2) so it is something limited
> to "laszlo", my usual user directory. looking at the error
> messages, I see that both laszlo and laszlo2 generate
> the "couldn't open /var/tmp/server-0-xkm" xkbcomp error
> which seems to affect some redhat and TL users (maybe
> I've always had this happening, though; not sure).

actually, x is running with less resolution, it seems.
so, this problem is also something new, not something
I'd had from before.
I've been reading notes from people who have had this
error and tried reinstalling x, etc., in vain. some
say this is something related to enlightenment/gnome.

> the laszlo user then fails with the following. (this doesn't
> happen with laszlo2).
>
> /etc/X11/xdm/xdmbg.gif is a 360x108 GIF image with 16 colors
>   Building XImage...done
> xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
>
> shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
> lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
> control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
> mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x71)
> mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
> mod3
> mod4
> mod5

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts