Re: tlug: wmppp heads up

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 01:43:44PM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Does anyone else use WindowMaker and wmppp? I thought I'd try it out so
> I could see what sort of bandwidth I was getting, but it seems to be a
> little reticent about giving interfaces back up again; by this morning I
> was up to ppp2 and thought something must be wrong. Since I've not
> changed anything else, I guess that must be to blame. Maybe it's because
> I was starting interfaces using command-line pppd, I don't know. Anyone
> else seen this?

I use the both of them (WindowMaker 0.60.0 and wmppp 1.3.0) and have never
had any problems. I basically use wmppp to call the command-line
scripts that I'd previously used to start and stop ppp. Below, you'll find
my .wmppprc file. If you're a debian user, you'll recognize pon and poff as
the scripts created by debian's pppconfig that start and stop ppp,
respectively. If you're not, just point to the scripts that worked for you
previously. Hopefully, that will work.

Hope this helps.

#.wmpprc
speed: /etc/ppp/getmodemspeed
start: /usr/bin/pon
stop: /usr/bin/poff
ifdown: /usr/bin/pon

john
jseebach@example.com

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts