tlug: plip'ing

I have a laptop with a minimum slack system installed via floppies, and a
desktop with RH6.0.  I want to connect them via PLIP cause I got the
cable and have always wanted to do this.

How do you get a kernel-package-less slackware to have a plip enabled
kernel?

What is the best way to install from the Desktop to the laptop?

I figured that since the desktop has a cdrom and the floppy doesn't I'd
PLIP it (I know PLIP it good) and install off the cdrom.  But, if I have
to put slack on by floppy to get to the PLIP stage????  What about a
bootdisk that can handle PLIP'in?  If there were such a beast that could
also handle the NFS stuff, I could us that floppy disk in any system on
the other end of a null modem to slick Linux in...  That's the idea:  a
slick Linux installer laptop.  But, I gotta get Linux on the laptop right
first!

Sorry to be such a pain!
Eric

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.