Re: tlug: Perl Problem with 2-byte char [Off Topic?]

Thanks Stephen.

Any hints on how to get the environment to use EUC and/or how to convert the
file to EUC?

I may have to talk to the actual admin for the FreeBSD box, because even though
he has jperl running, the XManager that he has running does not support double
byte text (or at least the "nedit" program I am using to edit the files doesn't
support double-byte...)

shawn

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> on 99/08/31 20:36:48

tlug@example.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B

$B08@example.com(B: tlug@example.com
cc:    (bcc: Atlas21 Shawn/OIPQA/Canon Inc/JP)
$B7oL>(B: tlug: Perl Problem with 2-byte char [Off Topic?]

    Atlas21> I think this is because the double-byte code for this
    Atlas21> char is interpreted as containing a "]," which confuses
    Atlas21> the script.

Get the environment to use EUC (ie, the input method).  I think jperl
converts on the fly (but I'm not sure)---you may have to convert the
file to EUC as well.  Anyway, EUC is as OS-transparent as UTF-8, so
you should be OK.

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.