Re: tlug: mutt: follow-up ---

jq>Thereafter, I got the 0.95.4i source and patch from:
jq>
jq><URL:http://home.sprintmail.com/~kikutani/mutt-e.html> (English)
jq><URL:http://home.sprintmail.com/~kikutani/mutt.html>   (Japanese)

	thankx for the urlz...

jq>I patched it, built it, compiled it against the same Slang used before, and
jq>with fear in my heart, started it up.  A spark of hope sprang to life when I
jq>saw Japanese in the titles of mail in my inbox.  Daring to open one, I saw
jq>at last the sight I'd been longing for - Japanese text instead of junk.

	worked fine.  though ....
	i had been using a later version of slang.  so i had to
	compile the 1.2.2 version from the above url.  now (after a
	few tries it works fine.... i think....)(????)

jq>I don't know of any RPM source for Mutt, so maybe my next project will be
jq>to learn to build RPMs and put them up for download somewhere.  Of course,
jq>if anyone who already knows how to do this would like to volunteer, don't
jq>hold back on my account  :-)  I don't think it would tax the bandwidth too
jq>much for Mutt RPMs to be available on the TLUG site, so we could make it
jq>an official TLUG download, I suppose.  After I have my .muttrc sufficiently
jq>tweaked and organi蘚zed, I will alsmake that available.

	i think that is a great idea.
				   ... and i know that i should not
	suggest this as i have little resources to offer, but i also
	think it would be a good idea to archive the jp-patches for
	some of the more popular apps out there and keep them in a
	central location. im not sure how possible that is... just an
	idea.  (maybe its already done... it dont know....)

	i dont have much to give aside from time....

jq>Anyone running Debian and not wanting to compile this themselves can also
jq>get Debian binary packages of Mutt and Slang at the above URLs.

	note (?) - the eng page had a 404 on the mutt binary.  but the
	jp page worked fine.

	thanx a lot for your help!!!	now to that .muttrc!!

						thanx again,

						kyomu.