Re: tlug: rippers and encoders

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Jordi S. Bunster wrote:

> Does anyone have some experience with ripping audio CDs in Linux, and
> encoding to mp3?
>
> I have heard of really fast ripping, like 20 seconds for song (average 3
> minutes), using Windows software. I suppose Linux can do the same or
> even better. Also, Windows users claim that the Xing mpeg encoder is the
> fastest encoder without sound drawbacks.

Off subject, off OS, what ripping software is avaliable for windows?
Sorry this is inappropriate - I necer use windows and therefore don`t know
whats available for it.  I have a friend in Tokyo that only runs windows.
I have to get some type of ripping software wroking on her machine for
her.  BladeEnc is to and works fine on windows.  So, I`m using that for
teh encoder.  I have not found any good ripping software that is free with
out limitations like the number of tracks that can be ripped, etc.

please reply to me in personal mail as this is clearly not a tlug subject.

In other news, I am now in Kyoto with all the Caldera goodies for August
meeting.  Can`t wait to see everyone there again on the 14th.

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691