Re: tlug: PC Semi, and the Eudora thing ...

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Jordi S.B. wrote:

> I'm really sorry. It's just that I just installed Red Hat 6.0, and still can't set the ppp up

Fetchmail should do it for you.  Just make your .fetchmailrc look like this:

-------------
set daemon 600

# runs as a daemon, fetches every 600 seconds.  Adjust the fetch
# interval to suit yourself, or remove completely if you don't
# want it to run as a daemon.

poll your.popserver.here proto pop3 user your-id-here pass your-password-here

# Place this file in your home directory, and make sure you set the
# permissions to 600.

------------------

> You do know how to screw up kids illusions .... don't you? 8-)

I think it's in my job description  :-)

> Sure ! It's just a matter of Dennis to ask for a break, and to come and
> pick me up, since I'm not allowed to travel outside of the island without
> the company of someone over 21. Can you believe that ?

Bummer.  FWIW the age of majority here is 20, not 21, if that helps :-)

Jonathan Byrne                                 Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                            http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 3-5334-1700   Fax: +81 3-5334-1701   Direct: +81 3-5334-1756

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691