Re: tlug: vine

Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 10:53:05AM +0900 において
Stephen J. Turnbull さん曰く:

> developed by non-English speakers.  All you need to do is do
> "LANG=C <doc command>" to get the English language pages, in most
> cases.
>
> I don't say Vine doesn't do that, but it's worth checking whether they
> do since you say you don't want your docs in Japanese.

They have to commands man and jman, the latter being a sym-link to the first.

#!/bin/sh
case ${0##*/} in
    man)  LANG=C;          man.exe $*	;;
    jman) LANG=ja_JP.ujis; man.exe $*   ;;
esac
exit 0

might not be pretty but convenient.
Also the default LANG after log-in is ja_JP.ujis, so all output from
the standard command is Japanese. I personally find this awful and want
my enlish messages though still keeping this LANG setting, so there's
a command_en dir on the Vine distribution with RPMS for all the stuff
without Japanese message files. install them with
rpm -Uvvh --oldpackage
--

        Oliver M. Bolzer
        oliver@example.com

PGP-Public-Key: http://www.forest.impress.co.jp/info/win-j/pgpkey.html
PGP-Fingerprint:   0A A5 48 FB FC 72 69 1A  7E 7F 08 34 48 14 C7 77
「愛はその深き闇に光をもたらすことができるのか」
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1. Linux SMP on a quad-Xeon server
2. The Green Frog Linux distribution
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691