tlug: problems compiling kinput2

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile kinput2 with canna support in hopes that I'll have
better luck compiling it against my own X libraries rather than the ones
that the Debian jp package maintainers were using, and having absolutely
no luck at all. Not entirely sure if this is even a worthwhile exercise,
but at the very least it's a learning experience.

Unfortunately, it won't compile, and I can't figure out why. If anyone
would be willing to take a look at the following files (makelog is the
output from make, yappari):

http://www.inh.co.jp/~jseebach/Kinput2.conf

and

http://www.inh.co.jp/~jseebach/makelog

and point me in a somewhat more enlightened direction, I'd be most
appreciative.

I'm also beginning to suspect that part of the problem here is the
enormous gaping hole in my knowledge base where X, especially X
resources, ought to be. I have yet to find any useful documentation in
this area, although it's probably because I don't know where to look.
Any suggestions?

much thanks

john
Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform